Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Work Is Never Done


I know that I don't have to tell you how hard I work for these people because I know all of you work hard. Just being happy and wagging your tail all the time is tiring. 'Course I can't say much about the tail thing since I don't have one. I can wiggle my stump if I want to. Honestly, I don't know how people would get by without us.

One of my chores is to help with filling the water tank in the house. We have a well but it's not hooked into the house 'cause things freeze so easy. So every once in a while we have to fill the storage tank in the house. When we do that, we have to let the hose run for a while to clear out any sediment. For some reason, Mom and Lee don't seem to appreciate h
ow dangerous it is to just leave a hose running like that! Lucky for them I know what to do. I start by barking at the hose. If that doesn't work, I grab the end where the water comes out with my mouth and give it a good shake. Then I bark some more. I can keep this up for a long time. But the hose is never out of control. I want you all to know that I perform this service even when it's -40!

My mom says we have to go to Anchorage again. Guess I'll get to see my friend Mike, the Springer Spaniel, and his dad Dean. They are bachelors and they LOVE Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. Well, who doesn't. Bark at ya next week.

Woof,
Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment